Summer Shred Bike Camp – Ages 6 & up*
2020 Summer Bike Camp runs weekly from June 15th to August 28th
We are so excited to be able to offer our amazing summer camps! Due to COVID-19, There will be some adjustments to minimize risk among our campers and staff. We will be following Oregon Health Authority’s Guidance for School Aged Summertime Day Camps. Our camps will run with a curriculum similar to past Summer Camps but with a reduction in camper interaction. We will offer 3 groups of “cohorts” (sorted by age and experience riding at the Lumberyard) in which the kids will remain with their cohort and coach throughout their week of camp.
The safety of our guests and our staff is our top priority. We are making changes to our processes and procedures utilizing personal protection equipment, adopting social distancing practices and minimizing contact areas. Please review the additional steps we will be taking (listed below).
Our Summer Bike Camps Offer:
- Indoor and Outdoor riding with over 70,000 square feet of space
- Exclusive kid-friendly curriculum created by our expert teachers
- Experienced instructors
- Skills taught transfer to any style of biking and skill level
- Bike parking available for campers
- Bike rentals available for campers
- Snacks provided by CLIF Kid for every day of camp
- Flexible drop off – as early as 8:30 am any day of camp
- Aftercare [temporarily unavailable]
All camps run Monday through Friday from 9AM – 3PM. Flexible drop off/ pick up from 8:30AM – 3:30PM*
BIKE CAMP PRICING:
$425 for each week of camp.
11 different weeks of camps to choose from.
Our members always get 10% off the lowest camp price! Visit our Membership page for more details.
Some of the additionals steps we are taking to reduce COVID-19 exposure:
- Reduced total enrollment per camp
- Vehicle queue for drop-off
- Checking in campers one at a time.
- Conducting a daily Covid screening at check in
- Requiring a designated dropoff/pick-up person
- Assigned table, seat, and rental bike (if used) for camper with their cohort, which will be theirs for the entire week of camp
- Implement use of face coverings for campers and staff
- PPE and disinfectant stations will be placed at key points in the park
- Social distancing practices implemented for seating, riding, bathroom breaks, and in the riding queues.
NOTE: The Lumberyard Shred Academy is designed by our professional coaching staff to benefit all riding levels and abilities (though we do require a minimum understanding of bike balance and control, and the ability to ride comfortably through the Green Line).
*Beginner Prep: Is your little one still on a balance bike, not pedaling yet or struggling on the bike? Check out our Greenhorns Half-Day Summer Camps for shredders not quite ready to drop into our full program. You can also schedule Private Instruction with one of our fabulous instructors before starting camp! Click Here to learn more about our Private Lessons.
Upgrades: Add the use of one of our bikes for the week for just $40. (Paid on first day of class). Push bike rentals are just $20 for the week, or $5 per day.
Aftercare [temporarily unavailable]
If your camper is using their own bike please read through our Bike Check to make sure the bike is in good working order and is appropriate for the child and riding at the Lumberyard. Once you are signed up, you can review our Welcome Letter that we send out the week before the camp starts.
Questions about this class? Please send a quick e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2700 NE 82nd Ave
Portland, OR 97220
Lumberyard EIN: 27-3517014
|Cancellation or Change Policy:|
|You may cancel your registration for a paid class up to 2 weeks before the class/camp. An administrative fee of $25 will be charged. Alternatively, you may transfer your registration to a different date for the similar class/camp up to 2 weeks prior without penalty. Administrative changes in the last two weeks will incur a fee of $25. Refunds are not issued if you cancel less than 2 weeks before the class/camp start time. Missed classes cannot be made up, as enrollment levels are carefully staffed. Class or camp cancellations on the part of the Lumberyard are refunded in full, regardless of time frame. Please note that inclement weather (ie. snow) or observed holidays do not necessarily cancel an individual class meeting. You will be contacted by the Lumberyard in the event of a cancellation. If you need to cancel or transfer a class/camp please call us ASAP and speak with one of our customer service specialists.|
Great coaches! The coaches are knowledgeable, fun & positive. The program is well organized. A wonderful team building experience!Happy Shred Parent