Welcome to Summer Camp!
We’re excited that you’ve enrolled your child into our Shred Academy at the ‘Yard! Post COVID-19, we still have some adjustments to our processes and procedures, utilizing face coverings, adopting social distancing practices and minimizing contact areas. We are grouping campers into cohorts to minimize exposure between the groups of riders and their coaches. Any camper who has to drop out due to COVID-19 sickness or quarantine, will be credited towards a future program. We are following this guidance from the Oregon Health Authority.
Regular Summer Camps sessions start at 9:00 am. Check-in each day will begin at 8:45 am at our Shred Academy check-in desk. We ask for your patience, as the check-in may take longer to process than normal.
Check out/pick up at 3:00 PM. We ask that parents arrive within 5 minutes of the session’s ending time for checkout. It is important that your child is picked up on time to avoid late pick up fees.
Complete Participant Information Form ahead of time: On the Participant Information Form form, please fill out ““Pickup/Drop off”” section to let us know who is authorized to pick up your child. To limit exposure, we ask that you have one designated person to drop-off and pick up your child for the entire week of camp. Your child may not be allowed to leave with anyone not authorized. Please visit this link – Participation Information Form – and complete the form.
All new waiver: As of June 1st, 2020, everyone must have our newly updated Assumption of Risk form signed prior to arrival. The new form is valid for future visits.
What to bring*: Being prepared helps the first day go smoother and helps each participant have a better experience. We have bike rentals and other gear available**, if needed.
- Bike – please make sure it’s in good working order (Bike Check Info)
- Helmet – full-face is recommended for best protection
- Face covering*** – something not attached to the ears for easy access (ie lightweight neck gaiter, CDC recommends tightly woven cotton).
- Shoes – skate style shoes work well for riding if you have them.
- Riding clothes – something your child likes to ride in.
- Knee and/or arm pads – if you have them.
- Gloves – if your child likes to wear them while riding (they improve grip and reduce fatigue).
- Sack lunch and any needed snacks (some snacks available for sale and lunch may be available in our restaurant).
- Water Bottle – please fill up.
- Backpack – something that can contain all of the items your child will need for the day in one place.
Our bike shop is open now for sales and service; simply reach out via email@example.com at any time or (503) 252-2453 Monday through Satureday 11am to 6pm.
Please take a look at our Shred Academy FAQ page for even more details.
* Please put your child’s name on everything they bring. The Lumberyard is not responsible for lost or stolen items, so please keep this in mind when considering sending valuables with your child.
** If your child needs a bike, they are available for an additional rental fee of $60 for the entire program (including helmet and pads). With COVID-19 we are assigning any needed rental bikes to each child’s exclusive use for the week. Please contact us (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 503-252-2453) to make prior arrangements for a rental bike. Lumberyard will provide helmets for students who need them and we have a limited supply of arm and leg protection as well that is available on a first come first served basis.
*** Guests 5 and over are required to wear face coverings. Employees are required to wear them in compliance with OHA guidance.
Contact: If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 503-252-2453 or email@example.com.