Summer Camp Welcome Letter
Welcome to the Lumberyard Shred Academy 2018 Summer Camp!
We’re excited that you’ve enrolled your child into our Shred Academy at the ‘Yard! Please review the following information to make day one drop-off easier for you. Also, Pizza Schmizza Pub & Grub is now open on-site, so you can comfortably visit during each session! We do ask that parents please do not come out onto the riding areas during class.
Sign In/Out: For Summer Camps sessions start at 9:00 am. The weekly sessions start in June and run through the end of the Summer. Check-in on the first day will be 30 minutes prior to start time in our event room. During this time, we will make sure all needed paperwork is completed and parents have an opportunity to meet our instructors. Check-in for the following sessions will be 5 minutes prior to start time.
Participants need to be signed out within 5 minutes of session’s ending time. It is important that your child is picked up on time to avoid aftercare fees.
Registration: On the Registration Form form, please fill out “Transportation” section to let us know who is authorized to pick up your child. Your child may not be allowed to leave with someone who is not on this form. If you are new to the program and have not filled out the registration form yet for the spring session, please visit this link – Registration Form – to complete it.
Waiver: If this is your child’s first time at the Lumberyard please fill out our waiver online by clicking here. If your child has been to the Lumberyard before then we should already have a waiver on file for them and there’s no need to it out again.
What to bring*: Being prepared helps the first day go smoother and helps each participant have a better experience. We have some rental gear available
- Bike – please make sure it’s in good working order (Bike Check Info)
- Helmet – full face is recommended for best protection
- Shoes – skate style shoes work well for riding if you have them
- Riding clothes – something your child likes to ride in
- Knee and/or arm pads – if you have them
- Gloves – if your child likes to wear them while riding
- Any snacks your child needs (lunches are available for additional charge)
* Please put your child’s name on everything they bring. The Lumberyard is not responsible for lost or stolen items, so please keep this in mind when considering sending valuables with your child.
** Rental bikes available for $40 for the entire week, includes the use of helmet and pads.