Summer Camp Welcome Letter
Welcome to the Lumberyard Shred Academy 2020 Summer Camp!
We’re excited that you’ve enrolled your child into our Shred Academy at the ‘Yard! Please review the following updated information to reflect new procedures in place post COVID-19, to make day one drop-off easier for you and safer for everyone. We ask for your patience, as we expect the check-in process to take longer than normal. Also, Schmizza Pub & Grub is temporarily closed, so we discourage non-Greenhorn parents from remaining on site during the Summer sessions. Any camper who has to drop out due to sickness or quarantine, will be credited towards a future program.
Sign In/Out from Vehicle: Regular Summer Camps sessions start at 9:00 am. Check-in each day will begin at 8:30 am. Our staff will meet you at your cars (queue up starting at the front entry). During this time, we will make sure all needed paperwork is completed and we will perform a COVID-19 screening on campers prior to entry. If any further paper work is needed, our staff will direct you to park and enter to complete.
Participants need to be signed out within 5 minutes of session’s ending time. It is important that your child is picked up on time to avoid late pick up fees.
Compete Participant Information Form ahead of time: On the Participant Information Form form, please fill out “Transportation” section to let us know who is authorized to pick up your child. To limit exposure, we ask that you have one designated person to drop-off and pick up your child for the entire week of camp. Your child may not be allowed to leave with anyone not authorized. Please visit this link – Participation Information Form – and fill out the form.
Waiver [being updated]: We will have an updated waiver posted around June 1st that everyone will need to sign (with on-line options).
What to bring*: Being prepared helps the first day go smoother and helps each participant have a better experience. We have some rental gear available**, if needed.
- Bike – please make sure it’s in good working order (Bike Check Info)
- Helmet – full-face is recommended for best protection
- Face covering*** – something not attached to the ears for easy access (ie lightweight neck gaiter, CDC recommneds tightly woven cotton).
- Shoes – skate style shoes work well for riding if you have them
- Riding clothes – something your child likes to ride in
- Knee and/or arm pads – if you have them
- Gloves – if your child likes to wear them while riding
- Sack lunch and any needed snacks (some snacks available for sale, restaurant temporarily closed)
- Water Bottle – we have a water fountain available for easy fill-up
- Backpack – something that can contain all of the item your child will need for the day in one place.
* Please put your child’s name on everything they bring. The Lumberyard is not responsible for lost or stolen items, so please keep this in mind when considering sending valuables with your child.
** If your child needs a bike, they are available for an additional rental fee of $40 for the entire program. Lumberyard will provide helmets for students who need them and we have a limited supply of arm and leg protection as well that is available on a first come first served basis.
*** Guests are recommended to wear face coverings except when actively riding (or eating). Employees are required to wear them except when coaches are actively riding with their cohort or when it hinders communication, hence camper safety.
Contact: If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 503-252-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org.