BIRTHDAY PARTY [Some limitations may apply due to COVID uncertainty]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How large a party can you host?
Group sizes are limited by the capacity of the room rented. Generally, the size limit is 15-20 people (riders and guests). Please visit Event Criteria to understand the current limitations.
How long can the kids ride during a birthday party?
Riders at the birthday can ride for the duration of the session booked. The following session can be added (on sight) for extended riding at a significant discount, if space is available.
Can our party guests come earlier than our party and ride?
Yes they can, but they would need to pay either for the earlier session until your party starts.
If we reserved a room for the party, what time can we get in to decorate?
The room will be ready for you no more than 15 minutes before your party start time. Up to that time your we may be setting up the room and preparing for your arrival.
Some of our guests haven’t been to the Lumberyard Bike Park before. Should we arrive early to watch the safety video?
The earliest we can check in the kids for your party is 5 minutes before your party start time.
If your new guests have not completed a waiver before coming it is a good idea to to complete the waiver online ahead of your arrival. Please note – only the children’s parents or court appointed legal guardian can do a waiver for their children.
Are bike rentals included in the price?
No, rentals are an extra charge. We welcome your children to bring their own bikes as well, any BMX type children’s bike will work great. Please note: We do not allow training wheels on bikes on any of our courses. If you bring your own bikes, we do encourage you to do a quick bike check at home to be sure it is ready to ride safely. We also have a full-service bike shop on-site to assist with any issues.
Are helmets, knee and elbow pads included in our party package?
No, helmets, knee pads and elbow pads are an extra charge. Helmets and knee/elbow pads are a combined $3.00 to rent. If you are renting a bike, helmets and pads are included for no extra charge.
Do you reserve rental bikes for birthday parties?
No we do not reserve rental bikes. Our bikes are on a first come first serve basis. We have a wide selection of bikes in many sizes to choose from and there are usually enough bikes for everyone.
Can we come early to get pads, helmets, and rental bikes?
We are not able to set up the kids with pads, helmets and rental bikes until we check the kids waivers, check them in to the party, put wristbands on the kids, and have the new riders watch the safety video. All this is done by your Host, and will begin 5 minutes before your party start time.
Can we bring our own food?
No, I am afraid we do not allow outside food, drinks or snacks – except a store bought dessert for your party. We have a corporate agreement with Pizza Schmizza that does not allow us to bring in outside food except desserts for parties.
Can we order pitchers of beer at the time of the party?
Do you offer gluten free pizza options?
Yes, we have gluten free pizzas. They come in 12″ size and are available in Cheese, Pepperoni, Don Ho (Hawaiian), Genoa, Greek Veggie, Extreme Veggie, Traditional, Sch’meat Trio, and Margherita. We cannot do the BBQ Chicken or Chicken Bacon Ranch pizzas gluten free as the sauces contain gluten.
Is there a freezer for storing an ice cream cake or ice cream?
Yes, we have a small freezer in the party room so we can store your ice cream cake or quarts of ice cream. The freezer is small, but it will fit a standard sized Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.
Do we need to bring plates, napkins, cups and utensils?
We provide all the place settings and serving utensils you need for your party.
Do we need to bring a knife to cut our cake, etc?
Can you fill our specialty balloon(s) with helium?
No, we cannot fill up customer provided balloons with helium. With the helium supply constraints and price increases we now only fill the 12″ latex balloons we offer as an option to our parties. Our balloons are $1.95 each and come in a variety of colors.
How much are the party favors, and what do they include?
The party favors are $6.00 each, or 5 for $25.00. They include our Lumberyard branded water bottle filled with a Lumberyard bumper sticker, a Lumberyard sticker, a Lumberyard temporary tattoo, some industry stickers, and small toys for the kids.
Some of our guests have not been to the Lumberyard Bike Park before, can you explain the Guided Tour option? Is it a good idea for first time riders?
The guided tour is a very good idea for riders who have not been to the Lumberyard before.
The instructor starts by reviewing the safety video with the group and asks them some comprehension questions, then they do a walking tour where he explains to the kids each riding area and the requirements to ride that area. Then they all get on their bikes and go to the Green Line and ride together until your food is ready to be served, generally 1 hour after your party start time. On the Green Line, the instructor will give tips to the kids who are new to riding our ramp features, to help them get started. If this is a younger group and it makes more sense to have the group ride in the Bunker the instructor will take them to the Bunker instead for their riding session.
We had some last minute additional riders, can they join us?
Yes, as long as there is space available in the session, riders can be added at any time. Best to do online or the RGPro Connect App (iOS) for the best price.
Do you allow training wheels?
We do not allow training wheels on any of our courses. We have a wide selection of push bikes to offer riders not yet pedaling. We also have loaner tools and an on-site bike shop that can help with removing training and/or pedals for a small charge, to allow the guests to use their bike still, if desired.
Do you allow scooters?
Yes, we do allow two-wheeled scooters in our downstairs “Bunker” riding area.
Do you allow e-bikes, e-scooters or e-unicycles?
No, we are a “human powered” bike park. We do not allow anything electric on our courses.
Do you allow skateboards or skates?
No, we are an indoor bike park, our features were designed for bikes.
What are the terms and conditions of my Lumberyard Birthday Party?
- Your party may check in 5 minutes prior to the party start time unless specifically scheduled and confirmed by our Event Manager ahead of time.
- All new riders are REQUIRED to have a completed waiver filled out for them. Please CLICK HERE to fill out the waiver and forward this link to all of your guests to save them time at check in.
- Please be aware any rooms booked may have a party booked either before or after yours, the 2 hours allotted for your party are firm, please arrive on time.
- We will have the table set up and ready for you at your scheduled party time and will clear the tables 15 minutes prior to the end of your scheduled party.
- Customer supplied decorations are allowed with prior Event Manager approval (no piñatas).
- Rentals are on a first come, first served basis, as we do not have an unlimited supply of riding equipment for all sizes. Please note that any riding equipment with more than two wheels is not permitted anywhere in the facility.
- For safety purposes, we do not allow bikes to be parked in the party room or Arcade area.
- Lumberyard Indoor Bike Park remains open to the public during parties and group events unless prior arrangements are made with our Event Manager.
- Please let us know if you’d like to learn more about our catering options.
- We do offer the use of our freezer if you bring an ice cream dessert. Please arrange this prior to your arrival with our Event Manager
On the day of your party:
- Check in is no sooner than 5 minutes prior to the start of your party.
- Check in with the restaurant to confirm any food orders and pay the balance of your room fees.
- If you choose to do our Guided Park Tour with the Instructor, this will begin about 10 minutes after the start of your party and run for 45 minutes.
- Payment can be made by cash or credit card.