Bicycle Service Technician
The Lumberyard Bike Park is a well known Pacific Northwest haven for BMX riders, dirt jumpers and their bikes.
We are seeking a qualified Bicycle Service Technician/Mechanic/Wrench for our pro shop. This individual is responsible for technical bicycle services performed on customer bikes as well as our fleet of BMX and dirt jumper (DJ) mountain bikes. This individual will also manage the spec and assembly of custom built bicycle purchases. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for performing various aspects of retail sales and customer service including occasional day to day operations within our park contributing to the success of the Lumberyard team.
The Lumberyard is seeking a qualified Service Technician to support operations in our Pro Shop. At the core, we need you to be a solid and experienced service tech. But, there may be other opportunities to expand your duties over time.
Job Responsibilities will require you to (in part):
- Work in a customer facing environment
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
- Assist in generating bike and accessory sales
- Inspect, service and/or repair customer bicycles
- Accurately assess service needs.
- Reliably set customer expectations on service turnaround times.
- Inspect, service and/or repair Lumberyard fleet bicycles
- Remain current on industry product servicing and trends
- Receiving and logging parts and supplies
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Maintain a neat and orderly shop (equipment, tools and inventory)
- Communicate with team to achieve a seamless customer experience
- A proactive communicator
- A passion for cycling and bicycles (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a professional bike mechanic (Required)
- Knowledge of bicycle service tools, and machinery
- Knowledge of industry products and trends
- Experience servicing all levels of BMX bike components
- Experience servicing all levels of mountain bike components including suspension and hydraulic brakes
- Ability to assemble high end custom bicycles
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods of time
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity for POS systems and spreadsheets
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends (Required)
- A willingness to adapt and learn
- A commitment to exceptional customer service
Wage: Competitive, depending on experience and certifications
To Apply: Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job name in the email title, like this: “I’m your next shop manager!” You’ll receive a link to our on-line job application form. Including a resume and a note about yourself would be smart, too!
Thanks for checking us out!