Guest Service Specialist
Don’t worry, a day’s work at our front desk is much more than that. You’re a person of the people (a people person) and one of the people maintaining our park.
It’s true that as the front line of our team, your primary responsibility will be greeting and stoking our customers and attending to their needs at the park. This includes ringing up guests for their admission and bike rentals and selling them merchandise from our Proshop. Introducing newcomers to the park is an important piece of this, helping boost the confidence of riders who may be intimidated by our bikes and ramps. You’ll also get to know all our members personally. They’re cool people.
In the meantime, we like to mix things up a bit, that’s why our front desk crew are also active participants in ensuring the park is safe and in top shape for everyone to enjoy. You’ll help maintain our rental fleet, do course safety walks and do some general tidying. The least glamorous work is probably cleaning the bathrooms (somebody’s gotta do it), but even that’s not too bad.
In the meantime, there are plenty of more interesting and entertaining opportunities to make your work enjoyable. Working as a course ambassador for example. It’s fun to get out on the course, mingle with the people and share a tip or two. It won’t be long before you’re full of tips for riding and having fun in our park.
With all of that said, what we’re looking for is folks who want to be invested in the enjoyment of our park. We want team members with the initiative to get through the things that must be done so they can help us discover the things that can be done. There are limitless ways for us to improve our park and the services we provide to our customers. Maybe you’ll be the driving force behind the next big ones.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) having you:
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to guests
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Provide an enthusiastic and fun environment for families and kids
- Keep current on park pricing and specials
- Remain current on scheduled events and activities in and around the park
- Maintain situational awareness
- Assist in generating service and accessory sales
- Interface with guests to assess service needs
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Adhere to policies and procedure
- Communicate with management to achieve a seamless guest experience
Qualifications for preferred candidates:
- A passion for cycling and bicycles (Required)
- Commitment to exceptional customer service (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a customer service related role (Required)
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Ability to use a computer and complete tasks on a variety of web based software applications
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and documented procedures
- High school diploma (or equivalency).
- Current certification for First Aid is a plus
- Food Handlers Card (a plus)
Wage: Depending on experience
To Apply: Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the job name in the email title. Include easy to review files including a copy of your resume, 2 personal or professional references with contact information and most importantly the links or attachments telling your story. The subject of your email should read “I’m your next Guest Services Specialist!” Thanks for checking us out!